Duplication of work, manual errors, reduction of workforce, and lack of communication between departments; all these stumbling blocks can be overcome with the proper technology. Software systems have evolved from addressing individual tasks or processes, to connecting every department in your organization along with each task in your workflows.
As your utility manages the day-to-day business operations, you need a system in place to handle the increasingly complex accounting, regulatory, and human resource requirements. Mobile devices, electronic databases, and email are tools often used to try and cope with the many aspects surrounding these workflows. However, the proper Financial Management System (FMS) can harness all of these tools and use them within a system designed to eliminate the stumbling blocks you face.
As the saying goes, “Time is money.” The amount of time saved by an effective FMS is staggering. With a decreasing workforce, the ability to do more with fewer resources is a must. Daffron’s FMS is a single solution that connects General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Payroll/HR, and Fixed Assets modules. Our FMS also connects your software across departments to provide one common view of your company’s financial landscape. With FMS users are able to:
- Export reports directly to Excel, PDF, and other formats.
- Update nearly every system with our Accounts Payable module, integrating invoice data across solutions.
- Take advantage of self-service payroll access in which users can make changes and updates on their own time.
- Complete forms to comply with Affordable Care Act (ACA) regulations.
- From Payroll you can add labor to Work Orders, update usage to vehicles in Transportation, and send budgeting information to General Ledger.
Cathy McKay at Grundy Electric Co-op says, “KUDOS to the great group of Daffron employees who worked diligently with me to produce successful ACA 1095B forms! Yet another great example of the support we receive from the GREAT people at Daffron!”